Filson are a brand whose very roots are in workwear. With an origin story that started over a hundred years ago we are honoured to be one of very few stockists in the UK to hold their newest collection. Filson C.C.F. introduces a new line with focus on tough, hard-wearing fabrics which revives Filson’s history in workwear. From chore jackets, bibs and sweatshirts to double layer work pants this collection uses heavyweight cotton duck canvas for incredible durability. All of that is backed up again by the Filson ‘Iron-Clad Guarantee’ which is the company’s official lifetime guarantee and product support. Acting as an extension from the main Filson line, C.C.F. is dedicated to the tradesmen and women who need products that serve a purpose.
The cut is often roomier than general street or fashion wear so sizing down is often recommended for slimmer humans. These products are designed to be worked in; so mobility and freedom of movement are paramount. Feel free to come down to the brick and motor store in Frome to try on for size.
“Made with over 120 years of experience for the forest, factory and shipyard.”
- - -
Check out the full collection from Filson C.C.F. here
Below are a couple of my personal highlights from this collection.
This jacket is awesome, tough fabric on the outside, soft insulated lining on the inside. This thing has you covered on colder work sites but sacrifices none of the hardiness.
- Made from a cotton duck canvas with a light insulation that rises through the hood.
- Elasticated wrists and a zip (no buttons) make for a product with minimal snag points.
- Large drop pockets for easy access when wearing gloves.
- Interior security pocket.
- Hand warming pockets for comfort (a real luxury).
This is the one. The humble chore jacket but with everything you want. An unlined jacket with tough abrasion resistant fabric. It keeps the wind out, the snags away and looks good whilst doing it.
- Tight 12oz cotton weave reduces snags and stops wind.
- Deep drop pockets on the hips for easy access.
- Smoothed off poppers that are flush to the fabric to stop them catching (safety first).
- Large collar to pull up when the wind chill rises.
This thing is warm and cosy but don’t let that fool you, the fabric is durable and the features are all designed with hard work in mind. The waffle lining acts as an internal body-warmer and is a real highlight of this product.
- Polyester shell with a durable cotton backing. Keeps the wind out.
- Waffle lined interior provides excellent warmth and padding.
- Heavy duty zip and elasticated wrists.
- Hand warmer pockets.
Filson C.C.F. have proven themselves with the top half and now again with the bottom. 12oz duck cotton runs throughout the product, and from the hips to the knees it runs twice. A double layer of canvas protects knees and stops wearing in key locations. Even the pockets are canvas lined, so tools and keys wont be tearing through.
- Double layered canvas at the knees.
- Canvas lined pockets reduce puncturing from tools.
- Front slash pockets for easy access.
- Rear flap pockets to stop items falling out.
Check out the full collection from Filson C.C.F. here.